Friday, July 12, 2013

Prawn Pasta with Tom-Chi Sauce



This is a very special recipe because it was made by K. He always gives me good tips to try out new recipes but very rarely he enters the kitchen. This was one such rare day and as usual the dish turned out very tasty. T was so thrilled to see his dad cook and he was quietly watching sitting on the kitchen table. I had a nice relaxing time with my favourite book.

Coming to the recipe, it is infact a very easy one, because he used a ready-made TOM-CHI sauce by Jamie Oliver. One of the finest ingredient used in Italian cuisine is Oregano. It gives such nice flavour to the dish. I generally don't keep stock of it. Instead I use "Omam" (in tamil ) or "Ajwain" (in hindi) which also gives almost the same flavour to the dish. It has got numerous medicinal values. Mainly it increases appetite and improves digestion.

Let see how he made it so easily and tasty too :)



Ingredients:

Pasta - 1 cup

Normal Prawns - 7 - 8 nos (cut into three pieces)

Olive Oil - 2 tbsp

Omam / Ajwain - 1/4 tsp

Yellow Capsicum - 1/4 julienne

Green Capsicum - 1/4 julienne

Cherry tomatoes - 5-6 cut into four halves

Red Onion - 1/2 Diced

Leeks - little

Basil - few

Mozzarella cheese grated - 2 tbsp

Tomato- Chilli Sauce - 2 -3 tbsp

Salt & Pepper
 
 


Method :

Marinate the prawns with little chilli powder, salt and turmeric for 10 mins.

Boil pasta in water with required salt and little oil for 5mins. Drain the water and keep it aside.

Heat oil in a wide pan and add the Omam. In few secs it will give a nice aroma then add the capsicum, onion, leeks one by one. Saute for few mins and when the onions are soft, add the marinated prawns. Sprinkle salt and pepper and let it cook for few mins. Prawns gets cooked very fast. Then add the tomatoes and saute only few secs. Tomatoes should not get mashed. Immediately add the already boiled pasta and mix well. Now add the TOM-CHI sause and again mix well and cook for few mins. All this while keep the lid of pan open. Check for spices level and then finally add cheese and close the lid for few mins. This will allow the cheese to melt and mix well with the pasta.

Finally place little pasta on the serving plate and put cut basil on top.

Jamie Oliver sause is a simple sauce and it is doesnt have any strong flavours and it would definetly suit our indian taste buds.

** Adding little oil while boiling pasta makes them not to stick to each other.

** Basil is optional. I like the taste, so I added it.

** You can also use Red / orange capsicum.

** Instead of prawns you can also use pre-cooked boneless chicken or paneer or any other vegetable.


 
 



9 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks a lot! Loved the recipe and tried some of this. My kids also loved it! Thanks again for sharing with us.mold removal toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen so many versions of the $250 cookie recipe. I love the story behind yours, and it looks delicious! Now I’m off to see if we have any cookie dough in the house that I can steal.For more information go here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers!food Mixer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am at home. So I know I must be an emotional eater. These are my bad habits.meat grinder

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little packets look so easy to make. My kids love bbq chicken so these will be a hit. I am going to make them this weekend on the grill.espiralizador de verduras

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve seen so many versions of the $250 cookie recipe. I love the story behind yours, and it looks delicious! Now I’m off to see if we have any cookie dough in the house that I can steal.Kaju Curry recipe

    ReplyDelete

  7. Finding professionals is easy with Organic Providers. Search our website to instantly connect with business and professionals. For professionals, our website works as a powerful tool for attracting more clients.Organic products

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious. I want to try making this for this blog https://bubbies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The journey from farm to table is a complex web involving farmers, producers, distributors, and consumers. It encompasses not only the culinary experience but also ethical considerations regarding food production and consumption. As awareness grows, movements advocating for organic, locally-sourced, and environmentally-friendly options gain momentum, reshaping the way we perceive and interact with food.Las Casuelas Nuevas

    ReplyDelete